Defense Of Charges Of Delivery Of A Controlled Substance
I am Houston drug crimes defense attorney R. Todd Bennett, with more than 25 years of experience in drug crime defense. I have prosecuted large drug cases early in his career as a prosecutor and have defended large drug cases as a criminal defense attorney in Harris County, Texas.
Texas state drug laws regarding the delivery of controlled substances, illegal manufacturing of controlled substances and trafficking of controlled substances can be very harsh. The possible punishment for drug delivery cases in Texas are as follows:
- Fourth degree (state jail) felony if less than 1 gram
- Second degree felony if 1 gram or more but less than 4 grams
- First degree felony if 4 grams or more but less than 200 grams
- Enhanced 1st degree felony with a minimum term of imprisonment of 10 years if 200 grams or more but less than 400 grams
- Enhanced 1st degree felony with a minimum term of imprisonment of 15 years if 400 grams or more
Consultation: Contact A Texas Drug Trafficking Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with delivery of cocaine, delivery of heroin or some other delivery of controlled substance case, put my drug crime defense experience to work for you. Call R. Todd Bennett, P.C., or email us to schedule a private consultation. I am board certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.