Houston Drug Charge Defense Lawyer
Houston drug crimes defense attorney R. Todd Bennett has more than 25 years of experience in drug crime defense. He prosecuted large drug cases early in his career as a prosecutor, and he has defended large drug cases as a criminal defense attorney in Harris County, Texas. He is well versed in the law and understands best practices on both sides of a case.
Texas state drug laws regarding the delivery of controlled substances, illegal manufacturing of controlled substances and trafficking of controlled substances can be very harsh. Schedule a consultation by calling 713-489-7763 or sending an email inquiry. Potential classifications and punishments for drug delivery cases in Texas are as follows:
- 4th Degree (State Jail) Felony – if less than one gram
- 2nd Degree Felony – if one gram or more but less than four grams
- 1st Degree Felony – if four grams or more but less than 200 grams
- Enhanced 1st Degree Felony with a minimum term of imprisonment of 10 years – if 200 grams or more but less than 400 grams
- Enhanced 1st Degree Felony with a minimum term of imprisonment of 15 years – if 400 grams or more
Consultation: Contact A Texas Drug Trafficking Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with delivery of cocaine, delivery of heroin or some other delivery of controlled substance case, put R. Todd Bennett’s drug defense lawyer experience to work for you. Call him or email the law firm to schedule a private consultation at 713-489-7763. R. Todd Bennett is board certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.